Every morning (well 90% of the time), my mornings start off the same way. I am surprised it doesn’t feel like Groundhog Day, because on paper it’s the same routine but in reality it’s a little adventure each day.
I find morning rituals ground me for the day. I feel more centered and in tune with myself and what my needs are. The morning rituals also allow me to set my intentions for the day of how I want to create my day.
My morning rituals include:
- Sun Salutations
What I use to support me in my morning rituals are the following:
- The meditation I do is to the sound of Tibetan Healing Bowls. I love how they take me to a place of serenity.
- Chanting: I chant Om or whatever sound feels good that day.
- Dancing: This I LOVE! I dance to mostly Caribbean, Latin or Asian Underground music. Dance to what makes you feel alive.
- Journaling: I ask myself questions such as “How do I….” or “What do I need to know…” I find these questions allow me to move from confusion to clarity. I also write letters to God, Myself, and Money to have a better relationship with each.
- Sun Salutations: This movement awakens my body like no other.
- Stabilization/Stretches: I just started the Peter Egoscue exercises so I will see what the benefits are.
I would love to hear below what are your rituals each day.