Compensation: This role will be $20 – $50CAD/hour for approx 10 hours a month (depending on experience and living wage). This role is for 6 months with a possibility of extension.
ABOUT Veza Global
We love helping organizations and their people look at how they can create and change the processes and how they operate to be more inclusive. We started doing what we are doing because we were interested in what keeps people motivated and engaged and realized that inclusive organizations do just that.
What do we do: We help organizations be more inclusive and attract and retain talent that exhibits a diversity of thought. Research shows us that this means better business.
How do we do it: We utilize change management, positive psychology, human-centred approach and ISO audit standards.
We love data, so we conduct assessments, focus groups and reviews of current policies and processes.
We also utilize a coaching approach to meet people where they are and take them on a journey of more inclusivity.
Veza Global supports organizations to embed Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (EDIB) across their operations to create a more inclusive culture that attracts and retains diverse team members and improves performance. We build and support the implementation of EDI by applying research-backed organizational maturity models and assessment technology developed over our 15 years of international experience. We are looking for a copywriter focusing on inclusion who will provide key communications, blogs and articles.. This role involves creating public-facing and marketing materials such as website copy, social media posts, blog posts, and newsletters.
Most of the role will be focused on copywriting however, we do have a need to develop strategic communications plans for change management.
This role is responsible for researching best practices, writing, proofing and editing unique media content. Your creative thinking skills and strategies will be an essential part of driving our digital narrative and supporting client communications.
Ideal candidates for this role should be creative and innovative, multimedia savvy, well-organized, and must be excellent writers and communicators.
Experience and Skills:
- 4-5 years of experience in communication, marketing or sales
- Excellent understanding of communications with the lens of equity, diversity and inclusion strategies
- Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiar with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint and capable of creating visually compelling presentations
- Proven knowledge of communications and marketing ethics and best practices
- Knowledge of WordPress and online collaboration tools, such as Asana and Slack
- Basic understanding of SEO best practices as well as experience writing and editing content for the web
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment
- Superb attention to detail
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, coachable, and eager to learn
Veza Global seeks to be a learning organization to support the growth and development of those from equity deserving groups.
We have a team that aims to be inclusive, understanding and caring. We do make mistakes and aim to correct them as soon as they are brought to our attention.
If you require any accommodations, please do let us know.
How to Apply
Please submit the following to Manpreet at firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format:
- Resume or a link to your LinkedIn profile or portfolio highlighting your experience
- A video cover letter – a short video (minimum one minute) of yourself teaching us on a topic that you are passionate about
- Please indicate your pronouns, lived experience you would like us to know about and anything else that feels important to you.
Deadline to apply: August 22, 2022
We will be connecting with those who we are interviewing. If you don’t hear from us, please know that we do keep resumes on file for a year.
Any questions about the position or on accessibility requests can be sent to: email@example.com