Positions available: 2
Compensation: CAD$50 per hour
Lived experience: One with Indigenous lived experience and another with an Intersectional lens
ABOUT Veza Global
We love helping organizations and their people look at how they can create and change the processes and how they operate to be more inclusive. We started doing what we are doing because we were interested in what keeps people motivated and engaged and realized that inclusive organizations do just that.
What do we do: We help organizations be more inclusive and attract and retain talent that exhibits a diversity of thought. Research shows us that this means better business.
How do we do it: We utilize change management, positive psychology, human-centred approach and ISO audit standards.
We love data, so we conduct assessments, focus groups and reviews of current policies and processes.
We also utilize a coaching approach to meet people where they are and take them on a journey of more inclusivity.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE WORKSHOP FACILITATOR
Workshop Facilitators offer Veza Global’s focus groups and workshop content. With the focus groups, the facilitators analyze the themes and responses for topics like inclusivity, systemic racism and oppression, intersectionality and how it applies to inclusive organizations. Workshop content will be provided on similar topics.
Facilitators have the opportunity to be remote as we are a remote-first organization and be based virtually anywhere in the world (as the Veza team is truly a global team).
This is a great opportunity for someone passionate about creating impact in the world and who is looking for occasional and flexible hours and potential growth opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE WORKSHOP FACILITATOR
The range of responsibilities for this position includes:
- Facilitating virtual focus groups and providing workshops for clients from various industries
- Conducting calls with clients where requested in preparation for workshops
- Learning and facilitating Intermediate and Advanced workshops
- Documenting key themes coming out of the discussions for internal and client-purposes
- Liaising with project manager about client objectives, workshop details and invoicing
- Communicating respectfully with clients
- Attending team meetings as needed
- Opportunity to participate on other projects as they come up
- 1+ year workshop facilitation experience, bonus if virtual facilitation
- Passion and experience for inclusion, anti-racism and equity for all
- Excellent public speaking and inclusive communication skills
- Capable of adapting to participants’ questions and needs
- Good tech competency with tools such as Google workplace, Slack and Zoom
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in French is a bonus, although not required
- Willing and able to speak from lived experience in regards to issues of anti-oppression
- Able to hold space for others and their experiences
Veza Global seeks to be a learning organization to support the growth and development of those from equity deserving groups.
We have a team that aims to be inclusive, understanding and caring. We do make mistakes and aim to correct them as soon as they are brought to our attention.
If you require any accommodations, please do let us know.
How to Apply
Please submit the following to Manpreet at firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format:
- Resume or a link to your LinkedIn profile or portfolio highlighting your experience
- A video cover letter – a short video (minimum one minute) of yourself teaching us on a topic that you are passionate about
- Please indicate your pronouns, lived experience you would like us to know about and anything else that feels important to you.
Deadline to apply: August 22, 2022
We will be connecting with those who we are interviewing. If you don’t hear from us, please know that we do keep resumes on file for a year.
Any questions about the position or on accessibility requests can be sent to: email@example.com