In Canada, more unmarked graves were found as the tragedy of the residential school system continues to impact the Indigenous peoples of Turtle Island.
Our hearts are with Williams Lake First Nation who have discovered unmarked burials at St. Joseph’s Mission Residential School.
We are committed to honour those that did not make it home, listen to those who survived and continue learning and unlearning, reconciliation, decolonization, and stand in solidarity with Indigenous communities across the globe.
1. Do your part. Read the Truth and Reconciliation Act and take action on the calls to action. Applicable even outside of Canada.
2. Support your local Indigenous community.
3. Volunteer to support Indigenous-focused programs
4. Attend the cultural centres to learn more about their history. Many museums have resident exhibits with Indigenous history.
5. Champion Indigenous team members. Share postings for positions available within your org with new channels. Be a mentor. Help someone work on their interviewing skills or resumes
6. Buy from Indigenous-owned companies